Congress final program
Important Dates and Deadlines
|Congress Date:||December 4-8, 2017|
|Deadline for Abstract Submission:||September 22, 2017|
|Late Registration Deadline:||November 21, 2017|
Zabta Khan Shinwari
Zabta Khan Shinwari Ph.D.; T.I.; UNESCO Laureate
(Fellow-PAS); Secretary General, Pak. Academy of Sciences
Fellow Islamic World Academy of Sciences
Tenured Professor and Dean, Faculty Biological Sciences, Quaid-i-Azam Univ., Islamabad
President National Council for Tibb (Alternative Medicine)
Treasurer Association of Academies and Societies of Sciences in Asia (AASSA)
E. Mail.: Shinwari@qau.edu.pk, firstname.lastname@example.org
• D.Sc. (Plant Molecular Systematics) 1994 Kyoto University, (Japan)
• Post Doc Fellow 1996-98 Japan International Research
Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS)
• STA Fellow July – Sept. 1999 (JIRCAS-Japan)
• JIRCAS Fellow Jan - March 2001 (JIRCAS-Japan)
• State dept (USA) Feb. 20th –March 18, 2006 State dept./Inst. Int. Edu
(USA) Leadership programme
• Post Graduate Transcript online 20 credit hours Richmond Road Bradford West Yorkshire Applied Dual-Use Biosecurity Education Online, UB Number: 10032929/1. University of Bradford.
1. Research Associate, Pakistan Museum of Natural History – Islamabad: February, 1985 to August, 1995:
2. Senior Scientific Officer/Project Incharge, National Herbarium, NARC, Islamabad: August, 1995 to January, 2001:
3. Technical Coordinator, Applied Ethnobotany Project, WWF-Pakistan: January, 2001 to Feb. 26th 2003.
4. Programme Leader, COMSTECH-PTCL Frontier Technologies Research Center (CPC), Feb. 27, 2003 to 2004
5. Vice Chancellor, Kohat University Science and Technology (KUST), NWFP-Pakistan: Sep. 08, 2004 to Sep. 07, 2006.
6. Vice Chancellor/Project Director, University of Science and Technology, Bannu (US&TB), NWFP-Pakistan: May. 09, 2005 to Jan. 16th, 2006.
7. Chief Executive Qarshi Research International/ Vice Chancellor/Project Director, Qarshi University Lahore: Sep 09, 2006 to Feb. 6, 2009.
8. Professor, Department of Plant Sciences, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad: Feb. 7, 2009 to July 23, 2010; Tenured Professor & Chairman Department of Biotechnology, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad: July 24, 2010 to July 2016. Presently Tenured Professor
Fields of Specialization
Bioethics, Dual Use Education, Sustainable Development, Molecular Systematics, Biotechnology
Research Presented/Invited Lectures Delivered (225 including national and International).
Member, National/International Scientific Bodies (55)
Conferences/symposia/Workshops: Participated/Organized: 210
SEQUENCE DATA OF GENES REPORTED FOR THE FIRST TIME: 305 genes (List attached)
PUBLICATIONS ( 344)
• Merit Cultural Overseas Training Award for Ph.D. (Japan)
• Got productivity award from PCST for year 2002; 2003 & 2009-14.
• Elected Fellow of Pakistan Academy of Sciences in 2008
• Got National Civil Awarded, “Tamgha-e-Imtiaz” 2011
• Best University Teacher Award, 2011 (Higher Education Commission-Pakistan)
• Special increment awarded by Quaid-i-Azam University, declaring most productive Professor
of University in 2012 & 2013; Declared number one biologist by PCST in 2014, got Research
Productivity Award in Category "A".
• Secretary General, Pakistan Academy of Sciences (2015-2017).
• UNESCO Laureate (Avicenna Gold Medalist in Ethics of S & T 2015)
• Member World Commission of Ethics in S & T (UNESCO) 2016-2019.
• Fellow Islamic World Academy of Sciences